Administrative Assistant to Design Team
Design Shop Interiors (DSI) is looking for an experienced administrative assistant to join our team.
DSI is a fun, collaborative and fast paced environment located in Folsom, CA., managing projects that span from Sacramento to the Bay Area to Lake Tahoe and beyond. You would be joining a talented group who pride themselves in their work, but don’t take ourselves too seriously – we laugh with and at each other, checking all egos at the door. DSI is about great design without pretentiousness.
This position will reside in the ‘Furnishings & Décor Design Division’ and is based out of our retail location, The Shop. This position reports to our senior designers and does not involve ‘design’. This is strictly an administrative support role for the design team with no possibility of moving into design. We are looking for an administrative professional who thrives in this type of support role.
About the job:
- Act as support for the design team
- Place client & inventory orders with vendors
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipments, manage inventory
- Assist with set up and clean up of design presentations
- Assist designers with administrative and operational tasks
- Create product tear sheets & research new product options
- Order & check in new samples, visit showrooms when needed
- Work with clients, suppliers, vendors and reps
- Acute attention to detail (like this is your super power)
- Extremely computer-savvy (Mac & related software)
- Positive attitude and friendly demeanor
- Extremely organized, list maker and excel spreadsheets are your best friend
- Motivated self-starter, with professional attitude and go-getter approach
- Excellent communication skills & confidence to communicate your design ideas
- Team player, open-minded and happy to help
- Fast learner and adaptable
- Willingness to assist with errands, project returns, dropping off/picking up items & samples, etc.
- You are someone with a strong work ethic and always goes the extra mile
- A sense of humor – you will need it with this group 🙂
What we need from you:
- Cover letter – tell us about you & why you want to be a part of DSI
- Resume – tell us all about your experience
- Email all of the above to email@example.com