Design Shop Interiors is looking for a Retail Store Manager for our new brick & mortar storefront – The Shop by Design Shop.
The incumbent will create store policies and marketing programs that will increase sales and grow the existing customer base. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and adjusting operations to stay within the corporate budget, and making any changes necessary to sustain the projected profit margin for each quarter. If you are a detail-oriented professional with previous experience in retail (bonus points for home furnishings), we encourage you to submit a resume today.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintain inventory by implementing purchasing plans and staying in contact with vendors and shippers
- Oversees pricing, inventory control and loss promotion
- Develop a schedule of holiday activities and promotions throughout the year strategically designed to bring in more revenue
- Utilize in-store events and social media to drive sales and engage with the local community
- Provide training to improve the knowledge base of the staff and utilize cross-training methods to maintain productivity when employees are absent
- Manage all controllable costs to keep operations profitable
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Handles customer issues and complaints
- Performance management and workplace scheduling
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- 4+ years of retail management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and productivity software skills required. Shopify experience preferred.
- Proven history of successfully training employees in a variety of departments
- Strong understanding of sales and customer service techniques
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and work within a budget
- Excellent communication, math, customer service, and people skills
- Experience in high-end retail management preferred
- Are you adventurous, ambitious, assertive, extroverted, energetic, enthusiastic, confident, and optimistic?
- Do you assert a delicate dominance while being persuasive and motivational?
- Would you be described as enterprising, conscientious and conservative?
How to apply:
Submit your resume, cover letter and any additional material that proves to us that you should be that next strong leader of our team. email@example.com