Junior Designer – Construction & Renovation Division
Design Shop Interiors (DSI) is looking for an experienced junior-level designer to join our growing team.
DSI is a fun, collaborative and fast paced environment located in Folsom, CA., managing projects that span from Sacramento to the Bay Area. You would be joining a talented group who pride themselves in their work, but don’t take ourselves too seriously – we laugh with and at each other, checking all egos at the door. DSI is about great design without pretentiousness.
This position requires more than ‘a passion’ for design and will reside in the construction division. Our construction division is responsible for specifying finishes & fixtures for home remodels and new construction. It requires knowledge about flooring, hard surface materials, plumbing fixtures, lighting, etc. This position does not involve ‘decorating’ (ie. furnishings).
- 1-2 years of design experience involving construction & renovations
- Understanding of how the construction process and design fit together
- Proficient skills in AutoCAD
- Experience reading and scaling architectural plans
- Ability to measure and draw a space
- Acute attention to detail, style and a killer design eye (one that fits the DSI aesthetic)
- Possess clear and precise communication skills
- The ability to confidently work directly with clients, vendors and contractors
- Ability to take direction from the senior designers
- A self-starter
- Great multi tasking skills
- Mac user
- A sense of humor – you will need it with this group 🙂
How to apply:
Send an email with the below to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter – tell us about you & why you want to be a part of DSI
- Resume – tell us all about your experience
- Instagram – tell us your top 5 favorite accounts to follow
- Portfolio – show us what you can do (see note below)
- Design Inspo Board – we would love to see your skills – design us a room of your choice (kitchen, master bath, hall bath, powder room, kids bath, laundry room)
Note: We realize that there are some seriously talented people out there who don’t have a fancy schmancy portfolio….and that’s OK. There was a time that we didn’t either, but we need to see something….anything…iPhone pics are totally acceptable. We just need to see something you can take some design cred for.