Design Shop Interiors is looking for a part-time Marketing professional in support of the design team who is off and creating beautiful spaces on a daily basis. Your role is to capture the essence of what they do (not just the final product), telling/showing Design Shop’s story to the masses (while staying on voice and maintaining brand integrity). This story telling should increase brand exposure, build & foster our community of followers and ultimately net job inquiries and drive sales (via eCommerce).
This role will be the orchestrator of all things marketing for the firm. In order to succeed, you must be a digital/social native with proven expertise using WordPress AND Shopify.
Note: this role does not and will not be responsible for any interior design.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and maintain content on proprietary websites (business & eCommerce)
- Manage website placement on all major search engines and listing/review directories; maintain directory content and adjust web presences to increase placement
- Live and breathe website strategy staying current with UI/UX best practices, in order to make recommendations for website architecture, design, and content strategy, including integration of video
- Optimize website for SEO and ensure all page content is optimized for search
- Curate editorial calendar and blogs (includes authoring) that help strengthen DSI’s online presence
- Develop and maintain profiles on online directories and review sites (ex: Houzz)
- Assist, post, and monitor social media channels & communities including Facebook, Instagram, Houzz, etc.
- Recommend, develop and execute plans for paid online marketing via search, social media and other online opportunities as appropriate.
- Be familiar with updates and trends in online media in order to suggest new opportunities for marketing and communications.
- Plan and execute newsletter program including strategy, creative direction, optimization and reporting
- Oversee and assist with reporting
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
- 1-3 years of results proven experience in a related marketing role
- Must be independent, self-motivated, resourceful and creative; able to innovate and implement new ideas
- Good organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task
- Must have experience with content management systems (WordPress & Shopify)
- Basic CSS and HTML knowledge a plus
- Ability to support light graphic design work preferred
- Experience with SEO
- Analytical skills and ability to produce reports using Google Analytics
- Knowledge of the paid social media landscape
- Dark posting, meta data and abandonment rate terms should be commonplace in your world and known
- Demonstrates a growth mindset open to feedback and new learning
- Passion for staying updated on new technology solutions and trends in online media
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and as part of a dynamic team
- Proven ability to influence peers
- Good sense of humor is a must
- Part Time (20 hours/week)
How to apply:
Send an email with the below to email@example.com
- Cover letter – tell us about you & why you want to be a part of DSI
- Resume – share your experience related to the requirements of this role