Junior Designer – Furnishings & Décor Division
Design Shop Interiors (DSI) is looking for an experienced junior-level designer to join our growing team.
DSI is a fun, collaborative and fast paced environment located in Folsom, CA., managing projects that span throughout Northern California & beyond. You would be joining a talented group who pride themselves in their work, but don’t take ourselves too seriously – we laugh with and at each other, checking all egos at the door. DSI is about great design without pretentiousness.
This position requires more than ‘a passion’ for design and will reside in the decor division. Our decor division is responsible for designing, sourcing & styling the furnishing projects you see in our design portfolio. We are looking for someone who brings some serious design talent to the table and has the experience to execute a project from start to finish.
- 1-2 years of design experience involving furnishings and styling (experience in a must)
- Ability to design & style a complete room (ground up, start to finish) within the DSI aesthetic
- Proficient skills in G Suite, Microsoft Office & Mac
- Experience reading and scaling architectural plans
- Ability to measure and draw a space
- Ability to convey your designs accurately, thoughtfully & beautifully in design boards
- Ability to work Mon.-Fri. (minimum 30 hours per week) at our location in Folsom, CA
- Work directly with clients as main point of contact within our junior designer program
- Develop scope of work and design concepts for junior design clientele
- Take direction from and report to senior design team
- Willingness to jump in where needed – assist design team with administrative and operational tasks
- Work not only with design clients, but within our retail store – assist on the sales floor
- Work with clients, suppliers, vendors and reps
- Assist with errands, project returns, dropping off/picking up items & samples, etc.
- Acute attention to detail, style and a killer design eye (one that fits the DSI brand)
- Computer-savvy (Mac & related software)
- Passion for interior design and beautiful things (with the skills to back up your passion)
- Positive attitude and friendly demeanor
- Motivated self-starter, with professional attitude and go-getter approach
- Excellent communication skills & confidence to communicate your design ideas
- Team player, open-minded and happy to help
- Fast learner and adaptable
- You are someone with a strong work ethic and always goes the extra mile
- A sense of humor – you will need it with this group 🙂
- You have retail sales experience in the home furnishings industry
- You have experience using Ivy project management software
How To Apply:
Send an email with ALL of the below information to email@example.com
- Cover letter – tell us about you & why you would be a great addition to DSI
- Resume – tell us all about your experience
- Instagram – tell us your top 5 favorite accounts to follow
- Portfolio – show us what you’ve done
- Design a room for us – WOW us – blow us away!
- Submit a complete family room design
- Include: scaled floor plans, design boards & materials selections (please include your source list as well)