Design Team Assistant
Design Shop Interiors (DSI) is looking for an experienced administrative assistant to join our team.
DSI is a fun, collaborative and fast paced environment located in Folsom, CA., managing projects that span from Sacramento to the Bay Area to Lake Tahoe and beyond. You would be joining a talented group who pride themselves in their work, but don’t take ourselves too seriously – we laugh with and at each other, checking all egos at the door. DSI is about great design without pretentiousness.
This position will reside in the ‘Furnishings & Décor Design Division’ and is based out of our retail location, The Shop. This position reports to our senior designers.
About the job:
- Act as support for the design team
- Place client & inventory orders with vendors
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipments, manage inventory
- Assist with set up and clean-up of design presentations
- Assist designers with administrative and operational tasks
- Create product tear sheets & research new product options
- Order & check in new samples, visit showrooms when needed
- Work with clients, suppliers, vendors and reps
- Run errands & manage task list for designers
- Ongoing organization and updating of resources and our sample library
- Acute attention to detail (like this is your super power)
- Extremely computer-savvy (Mac & related software)
- Positive attitude and friendly demeanor
- Extremely organized, list maker and excel spreadsheets are your best friend
- Motivated self-starter, with professional attitude and go-getter approach
- Excellent communication skills & confidence to communicate your design ideas
- Team player, open-minded and happy to help
- Fast learner and adaptable
- Willingness to assist with errands, project returns, dropping off/picking up items & samples, etc.
- You are someone with a strong work ethic and always goes the extra mile
- A sense of humor – you will need it with this group 🙂
What we need from you:
- Cover letter – tell us about you & why you want to be a part of DSI
- Resume – tell us all about your experience
- Email all of the above to firstname.lastname@example.org