Design Assistant – Construction & Renovation Division
Design Shop Interiors (DSI) is looking for an experienced design assistant to join our growing team.
DSI is a fun, collaborative and fast paced environment located in Folsom, CA., managing projects that span from Sacramento to the Bay Area to Lake Tahoe and beyond. You would be joining a talented group who pride themselves in their work, but don’t take ourselves too seriously – we laugh with and at each other, checking all egos at the door. DSI is about great design without pretentiousness.
This position will reside in the construction division. Our construction division is responsible for specifying finishes & fixtures for home remodels and new construction. This position reports to our senior designer and does not involve ‘decorating’ (ie. furnishings).
About the job:
- Act as support for the design team
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipments, manage inventory
- Assist with set up and clean-up of design presentations
- Assist designers with administrative and operational tasks
- Create product tear sheets & research new product options
- Order & check in new samples, visit showrooms when needed
- Work with clients, suppliers, vendors and reps
- Run errands & manage task list for designers
- Ongoing organization and updating of resources and our sample library
- Acute attention to detail, style and a killer design eye (one that fits the DSI aesthetic)
- Extremely computer-savvy (Mac & related software)
- Passion for interior design and beautiful things
- Positive attitude and friendly demeanor
- Incredible level of attention to detail and extremely organized
- Motivated self-starter, with professional attitude and go-getter approach
- Excellent communication skills & confidence to communicate your design ideas
- Team player, open-minded and happy to help
- Fast learner and adaptable
- Willingness to assist with errands, project returns, dropping off/picking up items & samples, etc.
- You are someone with a strong work ethic and always goes the extra mile
- A sense of humor – you will need it with this group 🙂
What we need from you:
- Cover letter – tell us about you & why you want to be a part of DSI
- Resume – tell us all about your experience
- Instagram – tell us your top 10 favorite accounts to follow
- Design Inspo Board – we would love to see your skills – design us a kitchen (no budget – sky’s the limit)
- Email all of the above to email@example.com